Allergy Partners is seeking 2 certified or registered medical assistant to work in our Tucson and Oro Valley practices. Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Location: Tucson, AZ and Oro Valley, AZ
Responsible to: Practice Manager
Job Overview: Allergy Partners is seeking a strong team member to function as a certified clinical medical assistant. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the practice manager and provider. Assist in the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Document assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction, and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care.
- High school diploma required
- CMA/RMA from an accredited program or ABR-OE required
Clinical Support responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patients and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician and advanced practice provider when requested.
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician and advanced practice provider.
- Performs spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician and advanced practice provider.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart, etc.
- Answer patient-related telephone calls and patient portal questions and responds according to clinical protocol.
- Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within the practice.
- Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
- Schedule radiology/lab tests for patients per physician/provider direction.
- Makes referrals to other specialist physicians per physician/provider direction.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired outcomes.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
- Attends all regular staff and corporate meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
- Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all applicable state and federal laws.
- Reports all incidents accordingly to supervisor, Practice Manager or Compliance Officer as appropriate.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred. Completion of formal education will be taken into consideration.
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management, and word processing software. Experience with Centricity EMR a plus.
- Good communication skills and interaction with physicians and advance practice providers.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities – This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Employee may have exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Working Schedule:
- Monday 7:30 – 4:45 (Oro Valley Office)
- Tuesday 7:30 – 5:45 (Orange Grove Office)
- Wednesday 7:15 – 5:45 (Pima Office)
- Thursday 7:30 – 5:45 (Oro Valley Office)
- Office is closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- No on call hours required
- All major national holidays observed
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID : 4033