SEAL THE CRACKS, SO VIRUS CAN’T ATTACK!! IMMUNITY HAS YOUR BACK!!
When traveling, experiencing cold-like symptoms (upper and/or lower respiratory), or at a higher risk (immune compromised), you may want to consider doing the following:
- Probiotics 2 x day (with travel or illness)
- Prebiotics=Fiber “Always”“Daily”10-20 grams of supplemental fiber per day can wash inflammatory responses AWAY!!!!! Supplemental fiber boosts your probiotic and microbiome defense
- Curcumin (Turmeric)-Adults 1000mg 3 x day (taken with dietary fat/oil for absorption) if not on blood thinners nor have a bleeding risk. 1000 once daily baseline is safe when not sick or travelling. Higher doses are for 2-4 weeks only.
- Resveratrol (grapes, wine, peanuts, berries)
- Melatonin- 5-20 mg-research and studies seem positive for respiratory insults
- Xylitol gum= saliva = Anti-microbial action, anti-viral protection
- Nasal saline and coconut oil (MCT OIL) in the nose. Capric/Caprylic/Lauric acids are anti-viral when ingested (1-2 tbls/day) and applied topically. (Dry Mucus Membranes are easier to infect)
- Beta Glucans – Mushrooms and nutritional yeast have anti-viral activity. Eat them routinely and more often
Don’t get low on vitamin D. 2000-5000 IU(taken with dietary fat/oil for absorption) per day is safe. Outdoor activity helps both vit D levels and melatonin levels. 03-20